Stumbling Upon a Great Headache Reliever

Lately I have been having such an easy time getting up in the mornings. I also find that since I have changed my diet I have been sleeping less (about 6 hours, as opposed to 8-10 when I was pre-raw food) and waking up feeling more refreshed and energized. Obviously I credit this change to my diet, giving up caffeine and drinking a lot more water in general.

This morning, however I woke up with a bit of a headache, no doubt a result of the couple glasses of wine I had last night (yes, many raw foodists consider some wines to be raw) and not enough water.

I was just going to ride it out, but I thought I should probably try to eat something. I didn't have time to make my green smoothie this morning and was really craving vegetables. The only veg. in my lunch that sounded any good was the seaweed salad. I know, it probably sounds really weird having seaweed for breakfast, but it almost completely took my headache away. I am curious to know if it was merely that I had eaten something or did the fact that it was seaweed play a role?

I searched around online and was surprised to find many sources which cited seaweed as being a traditional, "natural" headache reliever. How interesting!

I have had many headaches in my life and I have eaten many different foods. I never recall once having a headache, eating a particular food and having my headache disappear almost immediately. This is definitely a first-time experience for me. I can't help but feel that my choice of food played an important role in the alleviation of my headache.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Craving Sweets to Seaweed and Breaking Through Addiction

Can You Guess What This Is?

Why I Am Not Giving Up Beer...yet