Physical Update

Okay, so let's see...I've been eating Raw (about 90%) for 28 days now. Here's what has been going on physically...

First of all, I have had zero problems with craving sweets or managing weight. I've been a steady 127 lbs (5' 9" height) since I began eating Raw and I eat twice as much as I did when I started. Every once in great while, I've had cravings for S.A.D. foods and I have tasted them occasionally, but they never tasted as good as I thought they would (more reason for me to believe that food is connected with emotions and memory more than anything else).

The thickness and health of my hair has been completely unexpected. Strangers have actually approached me to ask if they could touch my hair (weird). It's been more manageable that ever and that is saying a lot for a girl with naturally curly hair.

My skin has been looking really good. Someone told me the other day that I looked like "summer."

I have a great deal of energy and feel very good physically. Running has been a lot easier because I feel lighter in my body. I've been able to run longer distances with increased ease. I feel stronger and have actually increased my weight training poundage by 2 - 5 pounds.

My digestive system is a well-oiled machine. Food goes in and goes out...that's all there is to it. I've never had such a healthy digestive turn-over in my entire life.

My mood has been the biggest difference, by far. I cannot begin to tell you how good I have felt emotionally. I feel extremely positive and energized each day. My mind feels sharp (I solved three NY Times crossword puzzles this month) and acutely aware of it's surroundings.

I originally began this endeavor on a trial basis. First I wanted to know what would happen after being Raw for 48 hours. I did that, liked it a lot and decided to try for 30 days. Well, it's been 28 days and I am sold! I wish everyone would go Raw for 48 hours. The amount of positive change that happens so quickly is astounding.

I challenge you to go Raw for 48 hours! DO IT! Yes, things will change! Yes, you will be challenged! Yes, you will struggle! Yes, you will feel things you have never felt before and you might like it, you might decide to not go back, you might decide this is not for you...regardless, 48 hours is easy! I've been eating Raw for almost 30 days and I want to keep going! This is coming from a person who swore they could never become vegetarian because of their love for bacon. Now look at me!

I don't care what you eat. I don't think less of anyone because of their diet. Most of my friends are BBQ loving meat eaters and I love them dearly. I believe you should listen to your body, but I would really like to know how you feel after being Raw for 48 hours. Try it and let me know.

Comments

  1. A recent (sort of) hovering health condition, and the ravages of aging (ok, I'm not turning in the towel yet, but let's just say I can tell when it's going to rain and it's not with my nose) have increased my curiosity in alternative diets. One turn off for me with Raw is that my stomach is so sensitive to any uncooked food, but as you point out in this narrative, taking things more slowly may remedy that).

    But there are 2 things that really hinder our ability to make huge changes: money, and availability (I am not based in NYC, where you can get anything at any hour). True, in my area things are changing and folks are more interested in alternatives, and summer is nice with farmers' markets. But here, I have at times found organic produce to be unsightly, with insects in my co-op on the produce, and when I see bananas flown in from S.America I find it hard to justify the carbon imprint of carting them here. But as more people make different choices I have definitely seen more choices become available. Money. When one is on a very very, very low budget it's true that this diet becomes even more difficult. I agree that chips and cakes should be more expensive than fruits and veggies. Just a couple of my thoughts, which have certainly been fired up by your story! I haven't given up yet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Craving Sweets to Seaweed and Breaking Through Addiction

Can You Guess What This Is?

Why I Am Not Giving Up Beer...yet