Official 30 Day Marker!

Whoa! I just realized that yesterday officially marked my 30th day of eating Raw! Woo hoo!

Hmmm, to be honest, I don't feel overwhelmingly accomplished. Being Raw for 30 days really was not hard at all. In fact, it was a really enjoyable experience. Initially, I was going to try 48 hours, but wanted to challenge myself to try a full 30 days eating 75% Raw. I actually ended my 30 days eating around 90% Raw (I'm taking some points off for beer).

So now what? Am I going to keep doing this? Am I going to change anything? What's the plan!?

Well, as it stands right now, I am going to stay Raw. Why not? I feel great, I feel strong and look really healthy. I have not been sick once, which is so awesome, considering that one of the main reasons I started eating this way was because I had a really weak immune system and was catching colds once or twice a month. My blood sugar levels have completely evened out. Granted, I don't have the blood-work to support my claim, but I'm not stuffing my face with sweets day in and day out. I don't crave sweets at all. In fact, my tolerance for sweet things (and even salt) has dropped. Sometimes even fruit can be a little too sweet for my taste and I barely use salt at all anymore. My hair is super think and I have no gray hairs. Isn't that odd? I mean, I never had more than a few here and there before, but now I can't find any! Hmmm. Curious.

If you had told me two months ago that I would end up a Raw Vegan, I would have laughed in your face. Directly...in...your...face. So, it's hard to say what the future will bring. I am definitely not going to eat processed foods. Foods that come out of a tin can, frozen TV dinners, completely processed shrink wrapped whatever are not entering my body. Oh man, I just can't believe people accept that stuff as food. Being Raw for 30 days has completely raised my standards when it comes to food. I know so many people who have a wealth of health problems and when I watch how they eat, I am appalled. They are basically eating themselves sick. It's even more appalling knowing how easy it is to eat better and still watch them make terrible choices. Ugh!

In terms of cooking food, I may steam some veggies very lightly ever now and again. For some vegetables and greens the nutritional content is actually improved when a little heat is applied, like Kale, for example. Although, only very little heat is needed, you definitely still want them to have a little bit of that fresh crunch and not lose their vibrant color.

I am definitely having a traditional Thanksgiving dinner...I think. Maybe.

I would like to get some fish in my diet every once in a while, but that will require some skill. It would have to be wild and not near endangerment. Mackerel might be do-able. Again, we'll see.

Ultimately, I'll eat what I want while trying to be mindful of what my body needs and what is good for the environment. Everything in moderation...including moderation.

Well, that is my 30 mark update! Yeah! Rock!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Craving Sweets to Seaweed and Breaking Through Addiction

Can You Guess What This Is?

Why I Am Not Giving Up Beer...yet