Attack of the Flying Croutons!

One of the things I am dying to try are all the fabulous Raw food eateries in New York. Sadly, not many of my friends are as anxious to try these restaurants as I am (boooooooo!). Fortunately I convinced my my friend, Ryan, to meet me for lunch at Bonobo's Vegetarian yesterday. I was really excited eat some Raw food with a good friend, but when I had arrived at the restaurant he was eating some chili that he had purchased at another restaurant a few doors down. It was kind of hilarious. In his defense, it was cold and raining outside, so I can't blame him for thinking a bowl of warm chili would hit-the-spot. At least he purchased some fresh squeezed, organic orange juice which he thoroughly enjoyed (baby steps).

This morning I managed to get my other friend, Chris, to meet me at Josie's East for brunch. The only catch, I didn't tell him it was what he calls "a health food restaurant." Chris is a steak and potato's kind of Brit, so this was truly a unique experience for him. I was a little disappointed with the menu at Josie's East. Yeah, there were a lot of organic dishes and fresh juices (no wheat grass...sigh), but zero exclusively raw dishes. I ended up ordering a salad with organic olives and sun-dried tomato (hold the feta, hold the dressing, hold the everything) and asked for some fresh lemon and pepper to use as a dressing. Never underestimate the power of lemon and pepper as a dressing. It was delicious. However, I had to cheat when they brought out a slice of fresh cinnamon bread that came with a side of homemade, organic apple sauce. Everything in moderation, right?

Like Chris, I myself had a unique experience this morning. As I was walking down 42nd street, which was shockingly empty due to what I gathered was some kind of Asian Christian parade, I suddenly felt something bounce off of my head. I looked down at the ground and saw croutons. Someone had thrown croutons at my head?! I stopped and turned around only to see some overweight, large nosed man with scraggly long hair shoveling croutons in his mouth. I was so dumbfounded I couldn't bring myself to say or do anything other than just look at him in complete confusion. Why would someone throw croutons at a person's head? Who does that?

I don't know.

I don't think I'm going to have an answer for that one anytime soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Craving Sweets to Seaweed and Breaking Through Addiction

Why I Am Not Giving Up Beer...yet

Can You Guess What This Is?